What Your Library Card Can Do for You
What your Library Card Can Do for You
Did you know that if you live in the city limits of Galesburg that you already have paid for your library card?
It’s true! If you live in the city limits of Galesburg, you pay for your library card as part of your property taxes and can sign up for a library card for FREE. There are no additional charges!
By signing up for a library card, you will be putting your tax payer money to good use because using your library card can save you money. With a library card you can check out books, ebooks, audiobooks, movies, music, Kindles, and Rokus all for FREE.
To sign up, all you need to do is bring your photo I.D. and proof of your Galesburg address (such as a bill, lease, or your current address on your driver’s license) to the Check Out Desk and you’ll be signed up in a few minutes!
Here are just a few of the reasons to sign up for a library card:
- Curious about a new book? Check it out at the library before you buy it.
- Do you own an ereader? You can check out ebooks from home.
- Want to see the newest movies or watch an old favorite? There are no fees to check out movies at the library, and movies can be checked out for a week at a time. There’s no need to deal with fees and short rental periods from video rental stores and boxes.
- Want to discover something new? Libraries are a place for exploration. Come learn about new authors and music and have access to new technology such as Kindles and Rokus.
- Need to access the internet or a printer? With your library card, you receive free access to our public computers for 75 minutes per day.
- Have a question? Ask our friendly staff for help on finding the answers you need.
Stop by the library and get signed up for a card today!