Galesburg Public Library offers a wide variety of events for teens. Whether it’s arts and crafts, book discussions, escape rooms, or a game of Dungeons & Dragons, we have something to appeal to almost everyone! Teen events are generally open to ages 12-18 or grades 7-12.
Attendance at library programs and events and participating in library-related activities constitutes consent to be photographed for Galesburg Public Library publicity purposes. If you do not wish to have your picture taken, let a staff member know at the event.
Local Author Fair
Free local author fair! Meet local authors, browse their books, and buy signed copies.
Free gift wrapping will be offered by volunteers.
Some authors may not take credit cards, so we recommend bringing cash or checks.
Authors and books who will be at the fair:
- Vanessa Curry, A Gold Medal Man: A Biography of Kenneth “Tug” Wilson (teens to adults)
- Anita Davis, Shackles, Transformation, and Beauty for Ashes
- Bonnie Harris, When I Learn to Read; Kids, Kids, Kids; Grandma’s Red Shawl (Kindergarten-2nd grade); and Little Book of Poems (adult)
- Jim Jacobs, No Ordinary Season (teens and adults – sequel in the works!)
- Vicki Lipe, Beau the Basset Discovers the Seasons and Discovering Animal Babies (preschool – 5th grade)
- Jannifer Powelson, Rachel and Sammy series (children), Nature Station Mystery series (adult)
- Becky Robinson, Toot-Toot-Tootie (preschool-3rd grade)
- Nadine M. Roth, The Ink of Time and Not a Moment Too Soon (adult)
- Bill Tracy, Lost in the Fifties and its sequel Runaway (both adult)
- Susan Van Kirk, Death in a Pale Hue, The Witch’s Child, Three May Keep a Secret, Marry in Haste, Death Takes No Bribes (adult)
- Melissa Wangall, Winter Daze (age 16 and up)
- Rick W. Warren, The Scarlet Plan (teens and adults)
- Marie Smysor Watson, The Things I Used to Do and Everything Anything Something Nothing (adult)
- Stormy Weber, Michael My “Imaginary” Friend (early readers, Kindergarteners)
- Galesburg Public Library Foundation, selling books for teens and adults by LeAnn Morgan, The Best of Galesburg by Andrea Vitale (adults), and Images of America: Galesburg by Patty Mosher (adults)
Authors: the event is now full, but we are keeping a wait list in case an author cancels. Click here for the application.
Teen Advisory Board
Join the Library’s Teen Advisory Board, where you can make YOUR voice heard about the library! You can suggest and vote on future teen events, talk about ways to improve the Teen Scene, and help find other ways to make teen services at the library better. Open to teens ages 13-18 or entering grades 8-12.
Dungeons & Dragons Club
Create your own hero and join the all-new adventure, in person at the library! New players are always welcome. Open to teens ages 12-18 or in grades 7-12. Advance registration is required, so sign up at the Reference Desk or by calling 343-6118. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For December, we will meet two weeks early to avoid conflicting with the holidays.